Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Springtime in NY

Yesterday I wrote a short blog entry and the wifi did something and kicked me off and it was not saved.  So today I will try to get this written and saved and published.  
Mother's Day was a very nice day beginning with a call from Curtis who was in the campground cafe cooking breakfast for the campers.  He invited me to come down for my breakfast.... he makes very good cinnamon pancakes and bacon!  Melanie called me later to wish me a good day and Keenan texted me to wish me the same.  Chris, Acacia, Connor and McKenzie came down to Canandaigua to take us out for dinner.  We went to an authentic German restaurant in town and it was delicious.  I had Schweinebraten (pork roast with white wine mushroom sauce), spaetzel (German potato noodles) and red cabbage.  For dessert I had a slice of sacher torte (dark chocolate torte with apricot filling and dark chocolate icing.
Yesterday we went into Rochester to the Lilac Festival in Highland Park.  It was full of beautiful lilac trees and bushes as well as tulips and many other flowering trees and shrubs.  We walked and walked and enjoyed not only the sight of the flowers but the aromas emitting from all of them.  It was a lovely way to spend a nice afternoon off work.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful life, Kim. I'm thinking I should bundle Mother up and head for the hills! Not really . . . too many complications, but it is a nice daydream. Mother is ALWAYS ready for the next trip to ANYWHERE. She doesn't quite understand how stressful it is for me . . . she just has a ball! Rebecca and I took Mother to London for Christmas in 2003, soon after her diagnosis. I was afraid that her illness might progress so fast that she would not be able to travel, nor would she be able to recognize her cousins in London if we waited for even a year. As it turns out, she would still be able to travel and would still recognize everyone, but I cannot imagine doing it without Rebecca. Having both of us along on that trip allowed one to stay with her while the other scouted out the airport or stood in line for tickets, etc. Then in London, mother's cousin Sheila and my cousin Judy helped us keep up with her on jaunts to various places. We had such a wonderful time. I never imagined that I would look back on that as one of the last fun times with Rebecca, but life just does things like that, huh?

    Well, I got considerably off subject. I'm glad that things are going so well for you. I'll keep up with you through FB and your blog.

    Love you ~

    Susan

    ReplyDelete