Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Looms Ahead

Can't believe we have been in NY for almost a month!  The weather is nothing like last year so far.  We have had rain, wind and cold since we got here with the exception of a couple of warm humid days.  The wind creates too much risk for our awning so we have hardly had it out at all.  The up side of all of it is that the area is greening anyway.  The flowers are lovely and the trees are filling out nicely.  
Tomorrow is a day off for us so we are going to take a ride somewhere in the area to see some of the places we missed last year.  It is such a beautiful area with the rolling hills and little farms tucked into the valleys.  Lots of fruit and vegetable stands to stop at and buy fresh off the vine or stalk or limb!  
Our work schedule is finally coming together for the rest of the summer.  Ruth and Shelby and Curtis and I worked together last summer here for Victor and Kathy, but Pat and Ron are new to the staff.  Everyone seems to get along great and yesterday we had a potluck for all the staff as well as the seasonals (they are folks who live in the campground for several months at a time).  It was very nice and we had lots of great food.  I only wished that my cold had been completely gone so I could have enjoyed it more.
My schedule for this week only has two days of work!!!  I am going to go with Acacia, my daughter in law, to a Women of Faith conference here in Rochester on Friday and Saturday.  I am really looking forward to going with her.  The conference is one that I have wanted to attend but always just missed it for one reason or another.  There will be some awesome speakers and musicians sharing their love for the Lord and His people.  
Our spunky little Zeke is still a character!  He thinks it is so much fun to jump up on to the table or the bed or sofa to steal something and run with it.  NOTHING is off limits as far as he is concerned, including receipts, articles of clothing, shoes and even my cell phone!!  Tonight he snatched my phone as it fell onto the floor and ran as hard and fast as he could with it into the bedroom and back out.  I wish I had had the forethought to call my phone with Curtis' just to see what he would do.  He is very sensitive to sounds so maybe he might have second thoughts if my ringer had scared him.  Maybe next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment