Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Procrastination personified

Yes, it is procrastination personified! ME!!! I don't know why I put off doing things like I do. I somehow manage to wait long enough that the task at hand seems totally impossible or overwhelming! But alas, here I am trying to capture two months in a few words.

August was quite the month! It saw the acceptance of a new position for Chris, our son, requiring him to do some international travel and the birth of our third grandchild, a boy. Gavin Spencer Chance came into the world on Saturday, August 29th about 1:30 pm. He weighed in at 12 lbs, 6 oz. and was 22 1/2 inches in length! After a pretty uneventful birth he had some issues with his breathing and after about 4 hours was rushed back to the nursery and put on oxygen and antibiotics. Seems he had not expelled the fluid from his lung in the birth canal as he should have. It was very frightening for all of us but after about 36 hours with tubes everywhere he was able to rejoin his mom in her room and came home with her late Monday afternoon. Boy, were we all glad to get him home. A bit of a background on his name -- my dad's first name is Garvin so Acacia and Chris decided that Gavin was a good likeness of it. His middle name Spencer is after my mom's maiden name. All the children have family related names now. Connor William is a fifth generation C. William Chance, McKenzie Ann has the same middle name as me and Acacia's mom and now Gavin Spencer. Acacia's dad is George so the "G" is symbolic for him, too.

Needless to say we have loved being here for Gavin's birth and watching him develop for his first 6 weeks. Later on I will write about those weeks in more detail.
I will close off for now. Just too much to write about in one posting!!! Procrastination is NEVER good!

No comments:

Post a Comment