Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Grandparenting

I had a great relationship with all my grandparents even Mamaw with whom I lived my senior year in high school.  She had no daughters so she really didn't know what to think of me and my independent spirit.  She put some undue restrictions on me even though my parents had given her guidelines.  Nevertheless, we still had a great relationship and she was even a part of my children's lives until they were in high school and junior high.  Now that we are to be welcoming another grandchild into our family I want to make a very deliberate try to be the same loving and accepting grandparent that mine all were.  Accepting each child with his or her personality and strong points and weaknesses.  I have certainly tried to be that with the two we have now but will certainly strive to be even a better grandmother for each one.  I love being a Mamaw myself!!!

1 comment: