Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Perhaps he's got it

Ok so maybe we are becoming the trained ones, but Zeke seems to be catching on a bit more to the housebreaking idea.  He does now take care of business when he is taken out, plus when he has peed in the RV he has actually gotten on the pad!!  Hate to say much about it because he will surely make a liar out of me.  But oh, well.  For now we're enjoying success.

We got notice last night that our friend in Phoenix, Gene, has taken a turn for the worse.  He had a stroke over a month ago and has been in rehab in Scottsdale.  However, he kept passing out so the doctors determined that his gall bladder was the culprit and did laproscopic (sp?) surgery on him Sunday morning.  It was determined last night that there are now blood clots in his lungs which traveled up from his legs.  Because the reason for the stroke was a bleed in his brain, he is already on high doses of blood thinner and cannot be given more.  His children were flying in last night from their homes in CA.  We are all praying for a miracle for him.  He is about the same age we are so this is a very sobering thing to us.  

After much ado, I remembered the masking tape to bind the canvas edges for the needlepoint Christmas stocking I am making for the new grandbaby.  It is teddy bears and I think it will be a nice addition to the ones I made for Connor and McKenzie and will certainly work for both girl or boy.  I hope to have it done very quickly and not lollygag along as I did with the other two.  But I am afraid "procrastination" is my middle name!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment