Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yea for FaceBook

I know there are the naysayers that think that Face Book is a bad thing and I guess like anything it can be!  However, I really enjoy it since it has put me back in touch with many friends from the past both near and far.  I have reconnected with several people from my hometown, Lamesa, TX, out in the Panhandle of the Lone Star State.  One in particular is Susan Speck Fenner.  Our grandfathers actually were in the grocery business together for a short while in Lamesa and our dads went to school together there.  Susan and her family moved from there but came back when we were in elementary school but move away again after our eighth grade year.  Off and on we have crossed paths, she went to Austin High School with Curtis, but was a year behind him.  We went to UT and she and I were married within a week of each other.  However, after UT we lost contact for many years.  Face Book has been the vehicle to re-establish our friendship.  So my hat is off to the electronic age and its many wonders.  I kind of feel sorry for those folks who don't want or cannot learn to be techno savvy.  
It is with a very heavy heart that we learned that our friend, Gene, passed away on Tuesday night in Scottsdale, AZ.  Our prayers are certainly with his wife, Sara, and children, Jonathan and Jennifer.

1 comment: